Become an Advocate for Open Space by
Volunteering or Interning
Utah Open Lands Ambassadors
Utah Open Lands is seeking a group of committed volunteers who care deeply for open space to become ambassadors for the organization. Our ambassadors are networking web-weavers, they promote care for conservation, and they are grassroots advocates for open space in their respective communities. They give their time because they care about the critical lands that Utah Open Lands has preserved, because they want to see other open spaces protected, and because they want to use their voices as powerful tools to build awareness for the lands they love. Do you see yourself giving your time as a gift that will impact both current and future generations? Check out the details here!
Here are the volunteers we seek:
- Social Media Socialite: Create and schedule social media posts and blog posts under the direction of the Outreach Coordinator.
- Graphic Design Guru or Marketing Master: Assist with the creation of newsletters, brochures, and other Utah Open Lands publications.
- Photographer or Videographer: Capture photo and video of the scenic beauty of Utah Open Lands protected open spaces. Assist with organizing Utah Open Lands photo database.
- Mapping- GIS or story mapping: Create visual representations of the breadth and depth of Utah Open Lands conservation work to be used on the website and as outreach/marketing materials.
- Fundraiser Extraordinaire: Assist Utah Open Lands in gaining funding to continue land saving mission.
- Monitoring: Assist Stewardship Director in monitoring protected properties.
- Event Host or Outreach Organizer: Are you generally the life of the parties you attend, do you know how to facilitate connectivity at an event or educate others? Or perhaps you understand the finer workings of the details which make a great party? Volunteer at our events!
Please email us if you have a set of skills you could offer other than those listed above- we would be grateful for your expertise!
Land trust work is a rapidly growing sector of the environmental field. Individuals seeking full-time jobs with organizations working to preserve the environment are increasingly needed to demonstrate their interest and experience.
An internship with Utah Open Lands is an excellent opportunity for hands-on, grassroots experience with a growing conservation organization and often times can be realized as credits through a university or college program.