Utah Open Lands Ambassadors
For 2016, we are launching our new Utah Open Lands Ambassador volunteer program! Our ambassadors are critical to the strength of this organization and they lend their voices and give their time as gifts to future generations who will someday benefit from the lands protected by Utah Open Lands. Are you wondering what some of the roles you may fulfill as an ambassador are? Ambassadors can assist with one or more of the following:
- Lead (or co-lead) a Utah Open Lands protected property hike or bike ride.
- Volunteer and help coordinate our signature events and community outreach events. This includes events such as our Sage Grouse Strut and Soiree, Community Conservation Projects, Hidden Hollow Concert Series, tabling at farmers markets and community events, Portraits of Preservation, Hi Ute Pancake Breakfast, etc.
- Coordinate or host a small event for Utah Open Lands to network and educate others about protected properties or the organizations work.
- Facilitate connections or presentations with businesses, local community groups or clubs, homeowners associations, and academic institutions to educate the public about open space and Utah Open Lands.
- Attend and participate in our Live PC Give PC open space advocates campaign night.
- Attend our annual mailing party- stamp it up with your fellow ambassadors!
- Educate and connect with the community about Utah Open Lands and open space issues.
- Share stories and pictures of your favorite protected open space.
Please contact Charity, our Programs and Outreach Coordinator, at 801-463-6156 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you have ideas for new projects you’re passionate about and could assist with. We’d love to hear from you!