Gaining Ground Seminar November 16, 2018
Continuing Legal Education credits (CLE) and Continuing Appraisal Education credits (CAE)
Sponsored by Utah Open Lands and the Stegner Center and the SJ Quinney Law School
with a generous grant from the Cultural Vision Fund
Welcome to our Gaining Ground Seminar, November 16th 2018. Please join us for a day of lectures and panel discussions, open and free to the general public, lunch is included and registration is required. This year the focus will be on all aspects of conservation easements, including their creation, the tax laws that influence their drafting, their valuation, the stewardship of land subject to an easement (including the use of management plans), and how courts (sometimes with the help of state attorneys general) have interpreted and enforced easements around the country. Also discussed will be the benefits of nonprofit land trusts partnering with government agencies and how the protection of open land benefits our economy.
Links for the full Agenda and itinerary, bios of our guest speakers, and to Register are below. Please register for this educational opportunity and we will email with any additional information you may need.
Register Now We will email you any additional information you may need.
Presentation documentation for downloading (check back week of the seminar)
- Register: Those registering by November 9th will receive lunch at the event . Conference organizers will do their best to provide lunch for those registering on-line after November 9th. Walk-in registrations the day of the seminar are welcomed but lunch may not be provided.
- When and where: Friday, November 16th, 8am-4pm at The University of Utah’s S.J. Quinney College of Law Moot Courtroom (Level 6).
- Parking: Day passes are available through the University. Click here to purchase.
- The “Stadium Lot” is the closest A and U lots.
- Public Transportation: We encourage you to use public transportation to our event. Take TRAX University line to the Stadium stop and walk a half block north. For other public transit options use UTA’s Trip Planner or click the “public transit” option under “Get Directions” on Google maps. The law school is on the Red Route for the University’s free campus shuttles (Carlson Hall stop).
- Free and open: The event is free and open to the general public, we require that you Register.
- Coffee, Bagels and Lunch: An early morning snacks and coffee will be served between 8:00-8:30am and lunch sandwiches will be served from noon-1:30 during our Networking Lunch to those who request lunch during registration.
- Continuing Education Credit? A minimum of 4 hours of CLE and CAE. If you are in need of continuing appraisal credits, in addition to checking the box in our registration form, please also contact Lisa Preisler, Executive Director of the Utah Chapter of the Appraisal Institute. Lisa will be able to ensure you receive credit. Call (801) 940-0968 or email Lisa at email@example.com.
For more questions about this event contact Kat at K.Maus@utahopenlands.org (801) 463-6156.